PART II – THE CRIMINAL PROCESS (suggested time 1 hour)
1. Identify what happens at each point in the process, from detention to trial.
2. Identify what booking is and explain why it is done.
3. Identify what is required by the Missouri Twenty-hour Rule and under what limited circumstances it can be extended to Twenty-four hours.
4. Identify any of the four actions that a prosecutor may take when an arrest warrant application is made and reasons why each action is taken.
5. Identify what the grand jury is, and what it does in the criminal justice process.
6. Identify the purpose of each of the following documents and the party who issues each:
a. An information.
b. An arrest warrant.
c. An indictment.
7. Identify what happens to the evidence collected by the officer during the discovery process.