PART V – CIVIL PROCESS
80. Identify the requirements of a summons or subpoena as regards to:
a. what parts are needed to make it lawfully complete
b. what it commands the person to whom it is directed to do
81. Identify the person or persons who may legally serve subpoenas in the state of Missouri.
82. a. Identify the procedures for serving and for returning subpoenas
b. Identify the difference between return of service when done by a law enforcement officer or by a private person
83. Identify the process that compels a person served, but who fails to appear, to then subsequently appear.
84. Identify the penalties that can be incurred by a person who refuses to attend and testify after
being lawfully summoned.
85. Identify the penalty for appearing but refusing to testify after being lawfully summoned.
86. Identify the purpose for a writ of attachment.
87. Identify the chapter of Missouri Statutes that governs the procedures for all suits and
proceedings of a civil nature.
88. Identify the time periods required for serving written process:
a. to the party named by such process; and
b. for opposing affidavits before the scheduled hearing
89. a. Identify the relationships between the summons and a petition when served; and
b. the correct procedures for serving them to individuals; or to corporations, partnerships, or association; and
c. the procedure to use for service by mail
90. Identify the territorial limits where all process may be served.
91. Identify the requirements for making a return of service by:
a. a law enforcement officer
b. a private person
92. Identify the purpose for service of executions.
93. Identify the person(s):
a. who may prosecute a writ of habeas corpus
b. who may be served by a writ of habeas corpus
94. Identify the legal action used to recover personal property in a civil action.
95. Identify the acceptable methods to issue service in landlord-tenant action suits.
96. a. Identify the purpose of issuing a writ of scire facias; and
b. The methods it may be issued
97. Identify the elements of interference with legal process.